Posts tagged ali krieger
Posts tagged ali krieger
Mother of pearl
Her hair is gorge. Just like her.
Ali Krieger. Playing soccer. Not old yet.
Lookin good, neighborhood.
Those 90 minutes Ali Krieger played today were 246 days in the making.
246 days of blood, sweat, and I’m sure, tears.
246 days of effort, perseverance and determination.
246 days of small victories all adding up to the ultimate goal.
On January 20, I wondered how on earth I’d be able to keep this blog going while Ali wasn’t playing for either Frankfurt or USWNT.
I just want to thank those of you who kept following this blog, and more importantly, kept supporting Ali along the way. I know it made difference in her recovery that fans stuck with her and reminded her she was not forgotten.
On to even better days ahead…Next stop in the Krieger comeback tour: USWNT.
Dear new Frankfurt coach: This person is pretty good at football.
Just a friendly reminder before tomorrow’s match.
Good luck message to our two FFC girls Dzeni and Silvana - El Pres in a leading role hahaha
courtesy of Lira’s official FB-page
What the? LOVED IT!
You have to stop.
Don’t hate me because I’m beautiful.
I think we’re going to start Krieger lessons to bring everyone up to speed since Ali was not on the Olympic roster. Let’s start with a quick Krieger 101.
What Ali Krieger is:
- In the photo above.
- A world class defender (right outside back)
- Player for USWNT (first cap in 2008; most caps in 2010-11)
- Player for FFC Frankfurt in the Frauen Bundesliga in Germany (since 2007)
- Fluent in German
- 1 of 4 US players to play every minute of the 2011 Women’s World Cup.
- Nearly recovered from ACL surgery on her knee in early Feb. and back playing.
- Really, really good at what she does. Which is shut down the best strikers in the world.
- A kickass penalty kick taker. (Refer to WWC 2011 quarterfinal)
- One of the hardest working, most positive players in women’s soccer.
- Among the nicest, most humble athletes you’ll ever come across.
- The source of Krieger Fever.
- Going to make you just take it if she mispronounces your name.
What Ali Krieger is not:
- Done playing.
- Still injured.
- An Olympian yet. (Please stop tweeting her congrats on the gold medal.)
- Dating Megan Rapinoe.
- Going to tell you who she is dating. (So how about dropping it till she does?)
- Going to tweet you back, if you tell her how hot she is.
- Going to put herself before her teammates. Ever.
- Going to give up. Ever.
- Going to cure Krieger Fever.
Lesson 1 to follow. In the meantime, there are 175 pages of this blog to get you going. Also, there is a thing called the google machine.
And feel free to ask questions or request information. If you’re anon, I’ll post. If non-anon, I’ll answer privately.
Hear, hear! ^^
saw this in a forum …..thank you very very much whoever posted it…
The sound I just made…